Wednesday, November 16, 2011

PB&J Wrap

I've been wanting to try this recipe for about a week now, and finally got to try it tonight, but I altered it just a little bit. It'll probably be my dessert replacement from now on :)


I used a whole wheat tortilla (even though I normally eat corn tortillas),
frozen strawberries (thawed),
half of a banana
and natural peanut butter.

I should've looked closer at the strawberries. Fresh strawberries are out of season, and therefore more expensive, so I bought frozen strawberries, but they have a lot of extra sugar added in (35g). I needed to thaw the strawberries, so I just popped 'em in the microwave for 30 seconds, and a lot of the extra juice spilled off. So, I'll probably thaw the whole container, drain it and rinse the strawberries.

This was a really good snack, but it's not as filling for as many calories it contains (about 400).

Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment