Monday, August 13, 2012

No Bake Peanut Butter Bars

Whoops, it's been awhile since I posted on here. Guess that's what happens when you get engaged, move across the country and start your career. Literally my last post was the day before I got engaged! Ha!

My fiancé and I are road-tripping back across the country tomorrow - to get MARRIED! So, I've been gathering food and decided to bake some treats as well. The chocolate chip cookies look good, but I needed something else. (Partly because I'm a stress eater.)

I found this recipe, and not only does it involve my favorite ingredient EVER - peanut butter, but there's no cooking involved! And, it's kind of low sugar. I split the original recipe in half and made it a little more diabetic friendly.

You'll need:
2 cups of crushed graham crackers (about one sleeve)
A bag of chocolate chips (unless you want a thinner chocolate layer)
1 stick of butter (or 1/2 cup)
1/2 cup of peanut butter
1/4 cup coconut flakes (completely optional)




Combine the crushed graham crackers with the peanut butter and pour in your melted butte (this is where I also poured in the coconut - for a little extra flavor and sweetness). Mix it all together until it looks like the peanut buttery goodness of a Reese's. I made this in an 8x6 pan (the size used for making bread and such). Spread the "crust" evenly across the pan. I melted the chocolate chips on the stove until it became runny enough to spread over the crust. Chill for about one hour and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment