Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Cupcake-in-a-Mug

This little treat came from my grandma. Her and a friend tried this the other day, and of course, she thought I might like to try it.

You just need to buy a box of angel food cake mix, and then any other flavor of cake mix you desire. She had red velvet, but I tried strawberry.

I don't know if all angel food mix is like this, but the one I bought had two different bags - one for the cake mix, and one for the egg white mix. I only used the cake mix.

Pour the two mixes in a bag or bowl, shake it up until it's all mixed together.



Scoop out three tablespoons of your "cake" mix, into a coffee mug. I used about two tablespoons of water, even though I think she told me one. It was about the consistency of when you first combine pudding mix and milk.

I microwaved for about two minutes, but just watch to make sure yours is fully cooked, but doesn't explode inside your microwave :)

Ta-da! Cupcake! I like this method much better than baking a whole batch of cupcakes, because once they're made, it's hard not to keep eating them. And, you don't have the extra calories from three eggs + oil that the mix usually requires.

No comments:

Post a Comment