Friday, November 11, 2011

Blueberry Oatmeal Breakfast Shake

Taylor and I tried this new, delicious shake this morning (adapted from this recipe). It makes a lot; we probably should have split the shake in half. I would recommend either splitting it with someone, or divvy it up so you can have it for breakfast over the next few days.


1/2 cup ice cubes
1 very ripe banana
4 oz. fresh blueberries
2 Tbsp. natural peanut butter
1/3 cup instant oatmeal
1 cup of milk

You'll need a blender, a magic bullet isn't big enough. We drank it immediately, but it you want it to set and thicken a little, stick it in the fridge for awhile.

[I actually cut down the recipe to fit in my magic bullet, because I don't have a blender and this smoothie is too good to not eat every week! I did 1 ice cube, 1/4 banana, 1 oz. blueberries, 1 Tbsp. natural peanut butter, 1/4 cut oatmeal and 1/4 cup milk. It filled it up about 3/4 the way, but then only had about half a cup or less to drink... so I may try adding more halfway through next time.]

Rating: Incredibly healthy, and reasonably priced (plus you'll have enough ingredients to make multiple shakes!)

No comments:

Post a Comment